What Is The Rogue Division?
Essentially, it’s a small group of devoted friends and fans who are willing to help me spread word about my Gateways to Alissia series with Harper Voyager. In return, they’ll become part of my inner circle, and get some special perks (see below).
What Will Division Members Do?
Simply this: They will help me promote The Rogue Retrieval and my future publications. No more than once a week (probably far less, outside of January), I will ask Division members to undertake a specific mission, such as:
- Re-post announcements and updates on social media
- Rate/review my book or add it to lists on Goodreads
- Host cover reveals, interviews, guest posts, etc. on your blog or website
I will never ask you to do anything illegal or unethical. Participation is voluntary. You can leave at any time, but I’ll do my best to give you some good reasons to stay.
Benefits of Division Members
I would not ask for this kind of effort without offering something in return. Members of The Rogue Division will reap numerous benefits, including:
- Free books. Obviously you get to read everything I publish for free. For starters, I will send you the e-book and a signed print copy of The Rogue Retrieval.
- First dibs on swag. Let’s just say that I have some cool plans for swag related to my books, and you’ll be the first to get it.
- Beta reading opportunities. Division members will be the first people I ask for beta readers for my latest projects. Not only will you get to read it for free, you’ll see it before anyone else. And your feedback could guide the direction of the work, too.
- Inside information. You’ll get the inside track for information, about my books, pitching contests and other events. You’ll also get the scoop on my interactions with publishers, marketing tactics, etc.
- Industry intel. I’m very engaged with many people in the publishing community, and also a member of some valuable author groups. As such, if you need me to collect some intel about a specific literary agent or small press, I have people to ask.
- Signal boost. If you’re publishing something of your own, hosting an event, or just announcing a new blog post, I’ll be happy to share that with my network of followers to give you a signal boost.
- My gratitude and friendship. If this works out, I’ll owe you one, and you can call in that favor sometime. Kapeesh?
What This Is Not
It’s probably better to get out in front of things, so that you know what it will be like being a Division member. I will NOT:
- Ask you to buy my books (you get those for free) or anything else for that matter. This isn’t Amway.
- Become your critique partner. I have CPs already and wouldn’t trade them for anything. However, I’d be happy to help you find one.
- Hook you up with my agent or editor. That’s not how publishing works, I’m afraid.
How It Will Work
It’s hard for me to predict how many people will be interested in joining the Rogue Division. We will interact and communicate in a private Facebook group, which means you’ll get to know me as well as the other members. If you’d prefer to be an anonymous shadow-operative with the same benefits, please let me know. I can find a way to make that work.
Obviously, most of the missions for the Rogue Division will happen around the book launch and the months immediately afterward. It will not be a significant time commitment.
Join the Rogue Division
If you’re interested in joining the Rogue Division, please contact me by e-mail. Tell me your name, where you live, and why you’d like to join. If you can include links to your Twitter/Facebook profiles, that would be much appreciated! I’ll be in touch within a few days. Feel free to reach out by e-mail or on Twitter if you have any questions.
Follow me and you'll never miss a post: