Thank you for stopping by to hear more about The Rogue Retrieval, my debut fantasy novel with Harper Voyager.
Contents: About | Blurbs | Trailer | Buy Links | Help Out | Media Coverage | FAQ
About the Book
Blurbs & Reviews
“The writing is crisp, the story moves quickly, and the characters are well drawn… This is a more than impressive first novel; it is a rollicking good read.”
–Galaxy’s Edge Magazine
“The fun of this story is watching the team dodge, lie and fight their way across a medieval world where their charade could cost them their lives.”
–Kay Kenyon, Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
“Quinn is the sort of character who you want to see win–or at least survive to run away another day.”
–J.C. Nelson, author of the Grimm Agency series.
“With a world that can offer both sci-fi and fantasy storytelling, Koboldt has a very large canvas to work with, and The Rogue Retrieval is an excellent first stroke. Recommended.”
–Mark Chitty, SFFworld
“A cool premise, a likeable hero, and suspenseful action make The Rogue Retrieval a fun read.”
–Eric James Stone, Nebula award winner and author of Unforgettable
“A great concept and lots of fun. One of those books you wish you thought of yourself and wonder why you haven’t read it before.”
–Auston Habershaw, Writers of the Future winner and author of The Iron Ring
Links to Book Reviews
- Book review in Galaxy’s Edge by Bill Fawcett and Jody Lynn Nye.
- Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist, by Kay Kenyon
- Mervi’s Book Reviews, by Mervi
- The Bibliosanctum, by Mogsy
- Deeply Shallow, by Anna Tan
- The Qwillery, by Melanie
- Reading Reality, by Marlene Harris
- Writing@Night by Keith Willis
- What I’m Reading by David Vonallmen
Watch the Book Trailer
Check out this 90-second trailer for The Rogue Retrieval, which was produced by Claribel Ortega:
Where to Find It
The Rogue Retrieval is available in print or e-book form at all major online bookstores. You can also order it from your local bookshop. It might take a few days, but they’ll get it for you (and appreciate your business).
|Get an autographed copy from Left Bank Books in St. Louis. This is my local independent bookshop, and they’ve been kind enough to stock some signed copies for online ordering. They ship anywhere in the U.S. for 99 cents.|
|Buy it for your Kindle at Amazon. A good place to shop if you need… anything at all.|
|Buy it for your Nook at Barnes & Noble. Come on, support the underdog!|
|If you don’t have an e-reader, you can buy directly from the publisher and read it in their free app a smartphone, laptop, or tablet.|
How to Get Involved
Let’s get down to brass tacks. I’m a new author, and I’d love to have your help in spreading the word about my book. Here are a few ways you could do that:
1. Tell Someone About the Book
Word of mouth is the most powerful way to help a book find its audience. If you liked the book, please tell your friends, families, co-workers, strangers at the bus stop… you get the idea. If they Google the book’s title, they’ll probably end up here. And you’ll have done me a great favor.
2. Rate or Review It
Reviews on retailer sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble are just so important. So are reader-oriented sites like Goodreads. If you like my book, please consider leaving a review or rating it at some of these places. See my guide to leaving book reviews if you’d like a little guidance.
3. Share The Rogue Retrieval on Social Media
Please help me spread the word about my book by sharing this page on your social media platform of choice. Feel free to use the #RogueRetrieval hashtag.
Here’s a fairly inclusive list of guest posts, interviews, reviews, and other media coverage for The Rogue Retrieval.
Newspaper and Radio
- Author feature in St. Louis and St. Charles community newspapers (February 3rd, 2016).
- Character feature in St. Louis Business Journal (February 26, 2016).
- Author event blurb by Jane Henderson in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (March 5, 2016).
- Radio appearance: Max on Movies, on FM Newstalk 97.1 (and iTunes).
- Official on-sale announcement at Harper Voyager Books
- Cover reveal challenge at Suvudu
- 2016 Debut Author Challenge and update at The Qwillery
- March Fantasy Releases book blurb at Tor.com.
- Mogsy’s Bookshelf Roundup at The Bibliosanctum
- January SF/F Release Gallery at SF Signal
- What we’re looking forward to at The Writer Diaries
- Added to alumni bookshelf at WashU School of Arts & Sciences
- Exciting 2016 New Releases at Operation Awesome
- Impulse Buy of the Day, with Liana Brooks
- Debut Author Interview at the Qwillery
- Disturbing Questions, an interview with A.F.E. Smith
- One Mentor’s Journey guest post at Brenda Drake’s blog (February 3rd, 2016).
- Science and Fiction on the Beyond the Trope podcast.
- Pitching Contests on the Beyond the Trope podcast.
- Interview with Mur Lafferty on the I Should Be Writing podcast.
- 5 Things I Learned at Chuck Wendig’s Terribleminds
- My Favorite Bit at Mary Robinette Kowal’s blog
- World-building: Seven wonders of Alissia at the Harper Voyager Books blog
- Writing Gender-Swapped SFF, a guest post at The Mary Sue
- 5 Books About Snarky Magicians guest post on Tor.com (March 3, 2016).
- 5 Geeky Sci-fi Technologies at On Starships and Dragon Wings
- Awesomesauce Author Interview at Dannie Morin’s Left to Write
- The Science in SF guest post at Pub Hub
- My Worst-kept Secret blog post at MassGenomics
- Writing Standalones Sci-fi, at Michelle Hauck’s blog Michelle4laughs (January 26, 2016).
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a Kindle or Nook. Can I still read your book?
Yes, and you have a few options. You can download the free Kindle App and read e-books on your tablet, smart phone, or computer. Or, if you have an Apple device (iPod, iPad, iPhone, or Macbook) you can buy and read it through Apple iBooks. Or you can buy the paperback (see below).
What if I prefer to read physical books?
That’s easy: The Rogue Retrieval is now available in paperback. You can order it online at places like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Indiebound. Your local bookstore would also be to sell you a copy. It might take a day or two for them to stock it, but they’ll appreciate your business. So will I!
Follow me and you'll never miss a post: