Thank you for stopping by to hear more about The Island Deception, book #2 in my Gateways to Alissia series with Harper Voyager.
“If you like your heroes touched with a spark (or snark) of anti-hero, Quinn is a gem.”
–Marlene Harris, Reading Reality. Full Review
“The short chapters, entertaining characters, and witty dialog certainly helped the pages turn long into the night, and when I finally finished only one thought came to mind: when’s the next one out? In my eyes, when a book leaves you with that feeling you know you’ve got a winner. Recommended.”
–Mark Chitty, SFFworld. Full Review
“The Island Deception is a fast, fun sequel to The Rogue Retrieval.”
–Eric Primm, Primm Life. Full Review
“A lively, even compulsive, read. More Quinn Bradley, please.”
–Kay Kenyon, Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist. Full Review
“Good job, Koboldt. I both love and hate you now.”
–Anna Tan, Deeply Shallow. Full Review
“I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series, The Rogue Retrieval, and this sequel didn’t disappoint.”
–Mervi, Mervi’s Book Reviews. Full Review
“If you think this all sounds like a hell of a lot of fun, you’re right.”
–Barnes & Noble Sci-fi & Fantasy Blog
Praise for The Rogue Retrieval:
“The writing is crisp, the story moves quickly, and the characters are well drawn… This is a more than impressive first novel; it is a rollicking good read.”
–Galaxy’s Edge Magazine
“The fun of this story is watching the team dodge, lie and fight their way across a medieval world where their charade could cost them their lives.”
–Kay Kenyon, Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist
“With a world that can offer both sci-fi and fantasy storytelling, Koboldt has a very large canvas to work with, and The Rogue Retrieval is an excellent first stroke. Recommended.”
–Mark Chitty, SFFworld
The Island Deception is available in all e-book formats. Don’t see the format you need? Try the universal book link. The print paperback can be ordered from your local bookshop, IndieBound, or Amazon.
Here are some of the venues generous enough to help spread the word about my book.
- New and Forthcoming in April, Locus Magazine (March 2017)
- Mogsy’s Bookshelf Roundup at The Bibliosanctum
- New Fantasy Books for April, Tor.com
- SF/F New Releases 5/30/17, Unbound Worlds
- April 2017 Releases, The Qwillery
- Impulse Buy of the Week, Liana Brooks
- Mentor Book Release Post, Brenda Drake
- Speculative Fiction Releases at Rabid Reads
- New Sci-fi & Fantasy Books at the Barnes and Noble SF&F Blog
- Meet the Authors blurb in the Columbus Dispatch (June 24, 2017)
- Feature Article in the Columbus Dispatch (July 1, 2017)
Here’s what I have lined up for my blog and podcast tour.
- April 4, 2017: Review and giveaway at Reading Reality.
- April 10, 2017: Genetics and Research in SF/F (interview) at Insecure Writers Support Group
- April 10, 2017: Portal Fantasy Is Not Dead (guest post) at The Qwillery
- April 11, 2017: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on Reddit Fantasy
- April 11, 2017: Author interview on Beyond the Trope podcast
- April 11, 2017: My favorite meal guest post at Lawrence Schoen’s Eating Authors
- April 11, 2017: Author interview at Ruth Vincent’s blog.
- April 13, 2017: Another interview at T. Frohock’s blog.
- April 18, 2017: My Favorite Bit guest post for Mary Robinette Kowal
- April 18, 2017: Science in sci-fi discussion on Beyond the Trope podcast
- April 20, 2017: 5 Things guest post on Chuck Wendig’s Terribleminds
- April 20, 2017: DNA and human health discussion for #HVsciencefair
- April 24, 2017: Reviewers are gold guest post at Angel Leya’s blog.
- April 29, 2017: Author presentation at The Book Loft of German Village.
- June 9, 2017: On Genetics and Okja, an interview with Dan at Outer Places.
I’ll be signing copies of The Rogue Retrieval and The Island Deception at my favorite hometown bookstore, The Book Loft of German Village. If you’re in the area, please stop by for a magic trick or two, and to peruse the shop’s 32 rooms of books.
Thanks to my publicity teams at HarperCollins and Goddess Fish Promotions, The Island Deception will also be making the blog tour rounds. If you have a moment, please pay a visit to the bloggers who were willing to help promote my book:
- April 17: The Avid Reader
- April 18: Aurora B’s Book Blog
- April 19: Long and Short Reviews
- April 20: Author Deborah A Bailey
- April 21: Christine Young
- April 24: Independent Authors
- April 25: It’s Raining Books
- April 26: Hearts and Scribbles
- April 27: BooksChatter
- April 28: Books, Dreams,Life
- May 1: Kit ‘N Kabookle
- May 2: Sharing Links and Wisdom
- May 3: Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
- May 4: Up ‘Til Dawn Book Blog
- May 5: Straight From the Library